HOME · SITEMAP · CONTACT US
Welcome to the City of Nolanville
A Great Place to Live
CLICK HERE to review Nolanville Strategic Growth Newsletter.
Public Works Projects
In March 2017, a Public Works Bond (7 Year) was issued for $500,000, intended for various projects involving Road & Drainage Improvements. Below is a summary of these efforts:
Red Leaf Drainage: This problem was identified and engineered in 2016. It was ready to bid for construction and completed the Summer of 2017.
Park Road, Elm and West Dogwood Drainage & Road Reconstruction: Solving the drainage issues on these roads was the main focus of the Bond. Residents were notified and asked to park on the streets during critical times of the road reconstruction. There were several fences obstructing drainage and maintenance, the City is coordinating with owners to remove them temporarily and replace with flow through design. Park road is also carved out. Substantial completion is just around the corner.
Blue Bonnet Spillway: This issue was recently identified in the media. Although it was not part of the bond's initial focus, remaining funds will be used to conduct preliminary engineering.
- Old Nolanville Road- Safe Routes to School is a TxDOT Grant that funds 80% of improvements that will provide sidewalks, widening of the road for shared use and bus stop improvements. Road failures occurred recently and were not part of the original scope of work. The City contracted Point Repairs to take place on December 18th in preparation for the grant work. The remainder of the construction is anticipated to start in Mid January 2018.
- Main Street Connectivity- Adds sidewalks, multi modal access and improved safety along mainstreet. Sidewalks extends to the bus stops. This grant is from KTMPO/TxDOT covers 80% of construction, the 20% match is funded by the Economic Development Corporation. These plans are nearly complete and expected to be ready for bidding construction in March 2018.
Governor's Community Achievement Award
Nolanville received 2rd Place for the Governor's Community Achievement Award for Keep Nolanville Beautiful efforts in 2016. KNB is ramping up its efforts to secure the victory next year, the award is $110,000 in Landscaping which can be used for a new City Sign. If you would like to be part of these efforts contact firstname.lastname@example.org or attend a meeting on the 4th Thursday of the month at 6pm, Nolanville Municipal Building.
- Texas Parks & Wildlife granted a $150,000 grant match for a splash park and playground improvements.
-The City submitted a Large Park Grant in September of 2017, we will be informed of the results in March 2018. Grant will be used to provide sports lighting/fields, skate park, basketball court and many other long overdue elements.
- The Multi-Use Center construction will soon be underway. The Mulit-Use Center will be used for YMCA activities, CBCFR meetings & training, NEDC Workforce & Business Resources.
- Underbrush clean up on the east side is complete and road construction is underway which will allow provide a second entrance to the park.
Receive periodic Nolanville Updates to your email. Sign Up Below
Keep Nolanville Beautiful
101 North 5th Street
Nolanville, TX 76559
Phone: (254) 698-6335
Fax (254) 698-2540
We strive to preserve our small town atmosphere while preparing for growth and future generations, to enhance the beautification of the city, embrace the diversity of its people, and improve the quality of life for our citizens. We aspire to be "A Great Place to Live".
Promote the health, safety, and welfare of our citizens; add value to our community by planning for the future, and encourage community involvement. Being responsive to those we serve, while always striving to improve the quality of life for our citizens, and enhance our dedication towards making the City of Nolanville "A Great Place to Live".
Copyright © 2016 City of Nolanville, Texas.
powered by ezTaskTitanium TM